You are Detective Cromwell, one of the last survivors in a post-apocalyptic world created by a thermonuclear war. Two years ago, you came across the abandoned and deteriorating research facility for Wittington Labs. As you explored the facility you found one room that was still getting power somehow and met S.O.F.I., an advanced AI system that the lab developed to calculate scenarios for avoiding the war and societal collapse. S.O.F.I. has asked for your help to use the Geographic Organic Atom Transceiver to go into the past and try to correct the timelines that she calculates may have led to the apocalypse.
The Cromwell Chronicles: Beast of Stormy Forest
Your first adventure is to travel to the Stormy Forest Inn, located outside of London during the Victorian Era. S.O.F.I. has calculated the potential correction of a series of events that started with Lord Byron and a string of mysterious murders surrounding the Inn. It is your mission to not only solve the murders but figure out why Lord Byron may have kick started a series of events that would eventually lead to an apocalypse that happened nearly three centuries after his death and stop that from happening. Good Luck, Detective.
The Cromwell Chronicles: Beast of Stormy Forest Demo Virtual Reality Adventure Game
This demo is available for free while we develop levels 1 and 2.
Use the download links below. If you have a question about how to download this virtual reality adventure game and play please leave a post in our community forum asking for help.
Both are now v1.3, which includes anonymous data collection to help improve the game moving forward. If you have reservations or questions, please post them in our forum and we are happy to respond!
Check out this trailer for our virtual reality adventure game!
Hey everyone! Thanks to everyone so far with your feedback! Although this is a prototype/demo of the full game (work in progress), here are some changes we have made:
v1.4 Release Notes
- Switched out the riddle on the back of the "beast" book with a newer puzzle
- The telephone puzzle is a little easier to discern with a "highlighted" objective
- The vase puzzle has updated symbol images
Some updates regarding development of the full game:
- A fully featured sci-fi main menu, representing the anchor behind the Cromwell Chronicles storyline.
- Advanced VR interactions including haptics, climbing, crawling, and more
- Special effects and particle systems
- Better compatibility and visuals on all devices, including the Oculus Quest
- Improved fixes and bugs with the original level
- Level 2 is in full production
Again, thank you to everyone for your support as we continue development on this